Freelance Falcon ~ Weird Jhola-Chhap thing ~ ज़हन

Sunday, May 14, 2023

Happy Mother's Day - A Valuable Lesson

 Happy Mother's Day! 

My mother, Shrimati Kamlesh, taught me a valuable lesson when I was young - to respect every individual, no matter who they are or what they do. She believed that being a law-abiding, hard-working human was enough reason to show respect to someone, regardless of their social status. In Hindi language, there are two words for "You" - "Aap" and "Tu / Tum". "Aap" is considered the respectful form of address.

I noticed that people around me were surprised and confused when I addressed workers or domestic help with "Aap". They would often ask me why I was showing them so much respect. To which, I would simply ask them back, "Why not?". For me, it was a matter of principle - I believed that every individual deserved to be treated with respect, regardless of their profession or social status. Using "Aap" was my way of acknowledging their worth and showing that I valued them as a human being. Looking back, I'm grateful for the lesson my mother taught me and the values she instilled in me. It has helped me become a better person and treat everyone with the respect they deserve. #mothersday #mom

============

No comments:

Post a Comment